Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I have survived: A DIY wedding recap

 


I am coming out of the post wedding haze. I am still recovering and slowly try to get things cleaned up. I really really wish I had more photos to share with you all! Everything turned out beautifully. My cousin and I worked our bums off over the last 3 months to pull off one of the best weddings I have ever been a part of. From décor, to programs, and even the food (thanks to my awesome mom), I had a hand in pretty much the whole thing. And let me tell you... it is so nice to not be the bride and groom! I was pretty  much stress free. Wedding planning was SO much fun but I don't think I will ever do it again. I don't think anyone would want to pay my rates because I would not come cheap! :)
 
Lets recap some of the DIY...
 
At the ceremony site there is a very long driveway. I made this sign for entrance by the road.


There was a horse drawn wagon to shuttle people up to the ceremony site and these signs were posted along the way.
 

 
I am hoping to find more photos of everything at the ceremony but nor now here is one of the bride and groom in front of a very tall pair of antique shutters that were put together to form an altar.
 

 
Onto the reception!
 
With the help of several people we made 20 paper flower centerpieces with somewhere around 150 lowers made in total! I also made lace wrapped jars with tea lights for each table. We found pretty votive candle holders at a yard sale and used those all over the place too. Each table got a few bud vases with a green spider mum as well.
Side note: yes those are animal heads. So classy.
 
 
Burlap "B" for the head table.
 

I found lots of old mason jars and filled them with rocks and votive candles.
 
At the entrance into the reception hall there was a table to sign in. Instead of the normal guest book we went with a board that will later be turned into a bench.

Next I constructed a shutter wall with a favor display of peach jam (thank goodness I did not make all that jam!!!). I made all the signs and gave the old table a little update which included a new top.
 
 
On the other side of the shutter wall we used a big trunk for the gifts. I also hung this sign. I made this for the bride because she has always admired a similar one I have I my home.
 
We placed this sign on the bar area.

 
This little Mr. and Mrs. paper banner was made for the cake table. I also made a custom cake topper with the bride and grooms initials (photos in a later post).
 
 
 
And this paper banner hung above the entry into the room with the food and drinks.
 
So there you have it! I small recap of what has kept me so busy over the last 3 months! More photos and details will probably come in later posts so check back if you are interested. If you have any questions on how I did something or how to order a similar items just leave a comment and I will get back to you!
 

post signature
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover