Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Bedroom Dilemma


I am a mom of three boys (ages 6, 5, and 2). We live in a tiny 1400 sq ft, 3 bedroom ranch with no family room.  When our baby turned 2 I decided it was time to save my sanity, combine their bedrooms, and turn the baby's room into a playroom. 
At that time I had no extra time to build bunk beds and had stumbled upon a heck of a craigslist deal that came with 3 twin beds able to be configured all sorts of ways, a dresser, a desk, and a book shelf. It was amazing!

So this is how the beds have been set up for the past few months...

It's so... blah. The room is small-ish. And I would love to move a few of their toys into their room so I can carve out a craft space for myself in the playroom. So you know what I need??? A triple bunk! But there are so few decent ones. :(

Like seriously, this is the only one I even come close to loving... (photo found via google but sorce not correct, sorry.)

Now this I love! It would be perfect!! But I would need to do a trundle and I am not sure I want a trundle. But I am open to it in order to have a room that looks this good!
Via: The Obsession: More Built-In Bunks

Looking at my photos of my current beds again, I wonder if I have enough parts to turn it into a triple? But still, I just don't love it. It's so... farmy and barn like. Like a horse stall.



Hmm... just another thing for me to think about. If any readers have idea's I'd love to hear them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover